Today is the day, friends! Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope you feel all the love today and that you put your love out into the universe.
Here’s a fun look to celebrate the day!
Shop: Dress, Shoes, Bag, Earrings, Sunnies, Bangles
I hope you show yourself some love today, I’m planning on having a great dinner and putting on a great facemask while sipping some Josh wine.
Hi Friends and happy Friday! Mama, we made it!
For those of you that have been following along for a while, you know I’m as single as can be. My mom says I’m just not good at dating (lol). I’ve made one of my intentions this year to be more open to the possibilities that come my way. Whether these are blog opportunities, dating opportunities, or just life ops, I’m trying to open this little heart of mine.
Continue reading “Single and the City”
Well, y’all, the day has arrived. V day is here.
Now, some people think it’s an overrated holiday forced upon us by big corporations.
However, I think it’s just an extra day out of the year to shower ourselves and the people we care about with some extra love! I am currently single, but that doesn’t stop me from buying into the hype of Valentine’s Day. I sent out my snail mail with vintage-inspired Valentine’s to my nearest and dearest, treated these fingers and toes to a mani/pedi, and bought myself flowers (because according to Henri Matisse, there are always flowers for those who want to see them). Whether you’re celebrating with your SO, getting a group together for a GALentine’s dinner, or hanging by yourself with some Hershey kisses, be good to you and give yourself an extra pat on the back with love today.
Here are 5 things you can do to treat yo’self TODAY:
- Take a hot bath – unwind, pour yourself a glass of wine, and take a soak. For some extra relaxation: throw in a floral bath bomb (like the one here).
- Take a walk – teach your body that behavior matters: get your blood circulating, put on your headphones, quiet your mind, and jam. Need some new tennies? Check out my new gym shoes here!
- Bake your favorite treat – Brownies, cookies, gluten free something? What’s something that you absolutely love to snack on but don’t have often enough? Here’s a recipe for one of my favorite sweet treats – Strawberry Cake!
- Send some kindness to someone else – Write 1 positive email, text, or card praising or thanking someone you care about. I love this stationary here!
- Buy yourself a happy – sometimes pulling out your wallet can put the biggest smile on your face, am I right? This pretty initial necklace has caught my eye and you can find it here! I also just treated myself to this honey lip scrub ($6) and pink clay mask ($8)!
Scroll down for a Valentine’s-inspired look!
Shop the look: Sunnies (here), Earrings (here), Necklace (here), Bracelet (here), Sweater (here and here), Top (similar here), Jeans (here), Boots (here), Bag (here), Rings (here)
And remember, at the end of the day, being happy never goes out of style.