Well, 2017, we’re almost done with you (insert waving hand emoji)!
I am so ready for the newness of 2018 and to make being a better me a priority. I’ve already been soda-free since November 28th (A WHOLE MONTH, y’all), and even though I still crave the bubbles in a cold can of Coke, I’m seeing changes in clearer skin, whiter teeth, and better sleep. I hope to continue this well into the new year.
What are your 2018 goals? Want to be a better you? Here are just a few things to think about giving up:
1. Trying to please everyone – This will never happen. There will always been someone who isn’t your biggest fan and THAT IS OKAY. Do yourself a favor and invest time and energy into those that are gaga over you. Your relationships will improve and you will find more happiness within yourself, too.
2. Fearing change – This is critical. Being flexible is so important for good mental health. Change will always come, whether you plan for it or not. Being able to roll with it creates character and helps you not sweat the small stuff.
3. Living in the past – This is so important. Most people are either damaged from their past, or remember it way better than it really was. Where’s the happy medium? Our pasts will always be a part of who we are, just like our dna, but it does not define us. Be present in your life now, appreciate where you are, because these moments may not come around again.
4. Putting yourself down – This is easier said than done. We are our harshest critics, aren’t we? Especially in this day and age, where it’s so easy to hop on social media and start that compare game. That never ends well, does it? Prioritize living your best life and seeking out all that is right for you.
5. Overthinking – This is imperative. I am so guilty of this. I could sit quietly in my head for hours, couldn’t you? I replay scenarios in my head or potential upcoming events and thinking about what I will say and how I am going to act. Get out of your heads people.
I hope I’ve given you something to think about heading into 2018. I know I’ll be revisiting this post when I need a pep talk. Cheers to a healthy and happy, new beginning and a year of peace, joy, and laughter.
Scroll down to shop this look
Dress (curvy here and regular here), Purse (here), Sunnies (here), Shoes (here), Earrings (here), Ring (here)
And this is what I am going to leave you with the new year approaching: There is no statue of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself every day. Be the girl who walks barefoot and listens to the blues. Tomorrow, wear a trench coat and speak fierce truths. Be a phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you must always be who you have always been.
Thanks for following and supporting and reading and shopping this little blog. It’s been a great outlet for my creativity. I can’t wait to continue to create and cultivate ThatBlondeRebel.