It’s finally up, y’all!
As many of you know, I made an intention at the beginning of the year to really deep clean my space. I’ve been living in Houston for 2.5 years now and in my studio apartment for the last year and a half. To say I’ve accumulated a lot would be an understatement. If you’re looking for ways to make big (and small) changes to your space, and mind I’ve got the list for you!
- Take everything out of your closet. Comb through it all. Clean the space (get those dust bunnies gone)! When hanging the clothes that you’re keeping, keep in mind the item type and then group by color
- Repeat the above but substitute closet for dresser. Bras that don’t fit? If they’re still in good shape, DONATE. If they aren’t? TOSS! No one wants your bad bras, y’all. NO ONE. Same goes for socks. That is foul.
- Your purses. Clean them all out. Toss out those irrelevant receipts, group your hair ties together, and reassign your chapsticks to different bags. It’ll feel so good to have a fresh bag!
- Update your phone. Just do it. Contacts (clean them out!). Apps (group them and delete unused ones).
- The junk drawer. Again, group things together. Extra keys. Contracts and agreements (rentals, car, etc.). Stamps and tape. My drawer has never looked better!
- Your fridge and kitchen cabinets. Throw out expired food (Seriously. What is the oldest thing in your fridge or cabinet?? I bet you’ll surprise yourself with what you find haha).
- The coat closet. Similar to your regular closet, group your items by style and then by color (vests, jackets, coats). Because my space is so small (but with high ceilings) – I’m able to put the Christmas tree up on the shelf. Yep, I’m making it work in 600 square feet haha
- The bathroom drawers, cabinets, and under the sink. I bought a bunch of small bins to help organize ALL THE THINGS. I grouped it by makeup, lotion/fake tan lotion, hair care, skin care, medicine/vitamins, etc. It’s already made getting ready in the morning a breeze and it’s only been two days.
Here are some of the products that have made the biggest different in my decluttering/organizing plan of 2020:
I hope you found this helpful!
I was able to throw away three trash bags, donate three bags, and sold a handful of stuff on Posh! It was a great way to get 2020 started on the right foot.
Friends! Happy Friday! We made it through the first full week of January and I’ve got to say I’ve had some wins! I got dressed and put on a face every day for work (and hung my clothes up at night!), did my skincare routine every night, and made dinner during the week 3/5 days (next week, we’re going for 4/5)! What wins did you have?!
This look is one of my faves! The colors are so pretty and it’s almost all on sale plus 50% off. Say whatttttt
Hey friends and happy Thursday!
I always do a lot (okay, the majority) of posts about my outfits, but I’ve never highlighted my arm candy/wrist stack for y’all or shared why these pieces mean so much to me!
I have loved David Yurman jewelry since forever. I liked the mix of the silver cable with the gold accents with pearls or different colored stones. My mom inspired and started my love for DY and I remember getting my first double x crossover ring and couldn’t believe I now had this beautiful ring in my possession! The collection has grown over the years and they commemorate special moments in my life
The ring was a Christmas present from my parents. The first bracelet was my grad school graduation gift from my mom dad, the x crossover bracelet was my latest addition (a treat to myself for my last promotion), the black onyx bracelet I bought myself after saving my money in grad school (plus some Christmas money from my Gram), and the amethyst bracelet was my 30th birthday gift from my parents and my siblings. I feel very lucky and am reminded of all the things I’ve done over the last decade. I do clean these with a dust rag and make sure not to rub on the stones. It’s kept the older ones in great condition!
Do you have any special jewelry that you’ve been collecting over the years? I’d love to hear!
And because there aren’t many sizes left in this skirt, I pulled a couple others that I liked that you might be interested in!
Happy holidays, friends! I am SO EXCITED to share a tour of my Christmas cottage (aka my tiny studio apartment)! Linking what I can! Scroll through for some holiday inspo!
Shop: Couch, Pillows (Anthropologie, Homegoods)
Shop: Fa La La La Pillow (Target), Bedding (Homegoods), Velvet Square Pillow Cases, Prints (Rifle Paper Co.), Frames (World Market), Fuzzy Garland (Nordstrom Rack), Bunny Bust (Anthropologie)
Shop: Believe Bunting (dollar spot at Target)
Shop: Furry Blanket
Good things come in small packages! I can’t wait to share what’s in that blank and white box!
Shop: Wall Decor (dollar spot at Target)
I hope you love all this decor, y’all! It was so fun to add some pieces to my holiday decor this year!
I had the best time with my mom and sister last weekend in NYC and I wanted to recap where we stayed, ate, and what we did!
We ventured over to Bryant Park from our hotel, Luma Hotel Times Square. I had the most delicious European Hot Chocolate, my sister went ice skating, and it was just the cutest little winter village.
We went over to Soho and did some GREAT SHOPPING! Eloquii, H&M, TJ Maxx, fantastic spots and it’s all really walkable once in the area!
My mom and I had the amazing opportunity to visit with our friends at Julie Vos and even got to meet Julie herself. It was absolutely incredible. We stopped by the New York Public Library on our walk and snapped this pic!
We also made our way over to Rockefeller and saw the tree, shopped at the AMAZING Anthropologie there, and watched the light show at Saks. If you’re in NYC for the holidays, you should definitely make it a priority to stop by!
We did do a fancy night out one night and ventured over to Eataly Flatiron and ate at Manzo. It was absolutely delicious and would definitely recommend! We also had a casual night out at Connolly’s Pub and the food and atmosphere were great!
If you have any questions or need any recommendations, please let me know!