It’s finally up, y’all!
As many of you know, I made an intention at the beginning of the year to really deep clean my space. I’ve been living in Houston for 2.5 years now and in my studio apartment for the last year and a half. To say I’ve accumulated a lot would be an understatement. If you’re looking for ways to make big (and small) changes to your space, and mind I’ve got the list for you!
- Take everything out of your closet. Comb through it all. Clean the space (get those dust bunnies gone)! When hanging the clothes that you’re keeping, keep in mind the item type and then group by color
- Repeat the above but substitute closet for dresser. Bras that don’t fit? If they’re still in good shape, DONATE. If they aren’t? TOSS! No one wants your bad bras, y’all. NO ONE. Same goes for socks. That is foul.
- Your purses. Clean them all out. Toss out those irrelevant receipts, group your hair ties together, and reassign your chapsticks to different bags. It’ll feel so good to have a fresh bag!
- Update your phone. Just do it. Contacts (clean them out!). Apps (group them and delete unused ones).
- The junk drawer. Again, group things together. Extra keys. Contracts and agreements (rentals, car, etc.). Stamps and tape. My drawer has never looked better!
- Your fridge and kitchen cabinets. Throw out expired food (Seriously. What is the oldest thing in your fridge or cabinet?? I bet you’ll surprise yourself with what you find haha).
- The coat closet. Similar to your regular closet, group your items by style and then by color (vests, jackets, coats). Because my space is so small (but with high ceilings) – I’m able to put the Christmas tree up on the shelf. Yep, I’m making it work in 600 square feet haha
- The bathroom drawers, cabinets, and under the sink. I bought a bunch of small bins to help organize ALL THE THINGS. I grouped it by makeup, lotion/fake tan lotion, hair care, skin care, medicine/vitamins, etc. It’s already made getting ready in the morning a breeze and it’s only been two days.
Here are some of the products that have made the biggest different in my decluttering/organizing plan of 2020:
I hope you found this helpful!
I was able to throw away three trash bags, donate three bags, and sold a handful of stuff on Posh! It was a great way to get 2020 started on the right foot.