Lilac was v popular last year and spoiler alert, it’s here to stay!
How fun would this be for Easter?!
Thanks for stopping by today, y’all. Remember to visit the blog tomorrow for the first of THREE looks for wedding season (bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding guest)!
So excited to share these pretty dresses for Dress Week!
Hey all and happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by!
I came across the following quote the other day and shared it in my Sunday Inspo series on Insta Stories yesterday and it really resonated with me:
“You’ll have good days, bad days, overwhelming days, too tired days, I’m awesome days, I can’t go on days. And every day you’ll still show up.”
I think this is a great reminder that you are absolutely in control of your mindset. I am so guilty of letting one thing that happens completely spiral my day, emotionally, physically, and mentally. Show up for yourself, for your friends and family, for your career. Maybe it’s waking up 10 minutes earlier to grab breakfast on the way out the door. Maybe it’s smiling more at others as you stand next to them in the elevator. Maybe it’s calling a friend you haven’t talked to in a while and giving them an ear. Here’s to taking control back and putting my best foot forward. Anyone else need to press the reset button on your mindset? Let’s show up and do it together!
(bag, earrings, and sunnies are all sold out)
Keep shining, y’all!
Hey party people, and happy Tuesday! And Happy Birthday to Yours Truly!
I cannot believe this new decade is here and I’m so ready for all of it. Thank you for all the messages, posts, and love that has come my way already surrounding this big day. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my family and friends.
Scroll down for a bright look I am LIVING for and to read 30 things about me, some of which you may or may not know.
And now… for 30 facts about moi:
- I was actually born on Father’s Day
- The first chapter book I ever read was Harry Potter
- I hate condiments (no ketchup or mustard for this girl)
- I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood)
- I filled up my passport before I went to college
- Tim Duncan (hands down, one of the best pieces of the Spurs family) knew who I was in 3rd grade
- Sloths are my favorite animal
- I was a high school English teacher before moving to Houston
- I’ve had the same two best friends since middle school
- I’ve been in 11 weddings (and there are probably several more to go)
- Large statement earrings are my favorite accessory
- My favorite movie is easily Almost Famous (also, download the soundtrack, you won’t regret it)
- I am terrified of rollercoasters
- I’m a meat-eater through and through (if it didn’t have meat on the plate, it wasn’t a meal) – I love short ribs so much
- I’m the youngest of three (they taught me how to ride a bike and how to swim, not out of wanting to, but because they needed to – I was slowing down their games lol)
- I rolled my ankle during a football weekend in Oxford and have struggled to wear skinny heels every since (block heels or wedges are about all I can do)
- My best family memory was Christmas in Michigan where Santa came on Christmas Eve while we were at church and the restaurant was closed (leaving my mom in her floor length fur jacket and the rest of us eating at a McDonald’s)
- I was born in Chicago, lived briefly in Detroit, moved to Texas for ten years, and went to school in Mississippi for six, and then back to Texas (it goes without saying that I have a weird accent)
- My favorite clothing item would be an off the shoulder top and/or dress
- I have always loved to dance, although I’m not as good as I used to be
- Having a fresh mani/pedi is quite possibly my favorite thing to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon
- Likewise, I love a nap any day, any time
- I’ve been a true-blue Grey’s fan since high school and sob almost every episode
- I rescued a dog in college and he’s the best worst dog you’ve ever met (bless my parents for always taking him and loving him while I’m living in Houston)
- One of my favorite places to visit state-side is Miami – solely for the sun, the food, and the photo ops
- I’m a total night owl
- Flowers can absolutely turn my day around
- I absolutely don’t know what life was before the internet
- I don’t drink coffee but I am addicted to ice cold coca-cola (I’m trying to introduce more water into my life)
- I started this blog as a way to show girls and women who look like me to be confident, take fashion risks, but stay true to yourself and always look for the happiness in every day
Thanks for reading through this one. Let me know in the comments if anything surprised you or if we have something in common!
(the girl, ahem, the woman, who is now 30, flirty, and living her best life one outfit at a time)