Friends! Happy Friday! We made it through the first full week of January and I’ve got to say I’ve had some wins! I got dressed and put on a face every day for work (and hung my clothes up at night!), did my skincare routine every night, and made dinner during the week 3/5 days (next week, we’re going for 4/5)! What wins did you have?!
This look is one of my faves! The colors are so pretty and it’s almost all on sale plus 50% off. Say whatttttt
Sing it with me now… Let it go… Let it gooooOOOooooo… Can’t hold me back anymoreee
Yes, I am a Frozen fan, although I can’t find a single friend or family member to see the sequel with me (insert cry face emoji).
This dress makes me feel like I’m in Frozen and it’s so Nordic, and holiday, and F-U-N!
Right now, this dress is 30% off and is available in sizes 0-20!
Happy Friday, y’all!
I’m in New Orleans today for work and fun after spending three days in Alabama. Living out of a suitcase would be the title of my memoir at this moment in time lol
A few weeks ago I posted about how wrap dresses are universally flattering and y’all, I just can’t quit. This dress is incredible. It’s bright, flattering, and very comfortable. The best part?! It is size inclusive. I think it will transition into Fall, too, throw on some camel booties and a vest!
Have a happy weekend, friends!
Hey party people, and happy Tuesday! And Happy Birthday to Yours Truly!
I cannot believe this new decade is here and I’m so ready for all of it. Thank you for all the messages, posts, and love that has come my way already surrounding this big day. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my family and friends.
Scroll down for a bright look I am LIVING for and to read 30 things about me, some of which you may or may not know.
And now… for 30 facts about moi:
- I was actually born on Father’s Day
- The first chapter book I ever read was Harry Potter
- I hate condiments (no ketchup or mustard for this girl)
- I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood)
- I filled up my passport before I went to college
- Tim Duncan (hands down, one of the best pieces of the Spurs family) knew who I was in 3rd grade
- Sloths are my favorite animal
- I was a high school English teacher before moving to Houston
- I’ve had the same two best friends since middle school
- I’ve been in 11 weddings (and there are probably several more to go)
- Large statement earrings are my favorite accessory
- My favorite movie is easily Almost Famous (also, download the soundtrack, you won’t regret it)
- I am terrified of rollercoasters
- I’m a meat-eater through and through (if it didn’t have meat on the plate, it wasn’t a meal) – I love short ribs so much
- I’m the youngest of three (they taught me how to ride a bike and how to swim, not out of wanting to, but because they needed to – I was slowing down their games lol)
- I rolled my ankle during a football weekend in Oxford and have struggled to wear skinny heels every since (block heels or wedges are about all I can do)
- My best family memory was Christmas in Michigan where Santa came on Christmas Eve while we were at church and the restaurant was closed (leaving my mom in her floor length fur jacket and the rest of us eating at a McDonald’s)
- I was born in Chicago, lived briefly in Detroit, moved to Texas for ten years, and went to school in Mississippi for six, and then back to Texas (it goes without saying that I have a weird accent)
- My favorite clothing item would be an off the shoulder top and/or dress
- I have always loved to dance, although I’m not as good as I used to be
- Having a fresh mani/pedi is quite possibly my favorite thing to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon
- Likewise, I love a nap any day, any time
- I’ve been a true-blue Grey’s fan since high school and sob almost every episode
- I rescued a dog in college and he’s the best worst dog you’ve ever met (bless my parents for always taking him and loving him while I’m living in Houston)
- One of my favorite places to visit state-side is Miami – solely for the sun, the food, and the photo ops
- I’m a total night owl
- Flowers can absolutely turn my day around
- I absolutely don’t know what life was before the internet
- I don’t drink coffee but I am addicted to ice cold coca-cola (I’m trying to introduce more water into my life)
- I started this blog as a way to show girls and women who look like me to be confident, take fashion risks, but stay true to yourself and always look for the happiness in every day
Thanks for reading through this one. Let me know in the comments if anything surprised you or if we have something in common!
(the girl, ahem, the woman, who is now 30, flirty, and living her best life one outfit at a time)
Mother’s Day only comes once a year and it is right around the corner, y’all.
Moms, or those maternal figures in your life, are selfless. They put everyone ahead of themselves and their love is all encompassing.
My mom is no exception. So to you, Mom, thank you.
Thank you for loving us unconditionally. Thank you for your kind words, supportive actions, and your hugs. Thank you for encouraging me to bet on myself. Thank you for leading by example in forgiveness, compassion, and generosity. You are the absolute best. You are so special to me and our relationship means the absolute world. If I can be even half the mother you are to my future little ones, I’ll have done alright.
Keep scrolling for some mother-daughter pics, shop my outfit, and check out my 5 top gift ideas for that sweet soul in your life.
Love you, mean it, Mama!
FIVE GIFTS FOR ALL THE MAMAS OUT THERE
Best Candles in ALL THE LAND (shop here)
Julie Vos Gardenia Hoops (shop here)
Mom’s New Fave Tote (shop here)
The Sweetest Espadrille Flats (shop here)
A Gold Foil Art Print (shop here)
Happy Mama’s Day to all the strong, beautiful, and amazing women out there!