Well, we welcomed the official first day of Spring this week, y’all!
I, for one, have been long anticipating the beautiful Houston Spring weather with lots of off the shoulder tops, crawfish on patios, and sitting by a pool catching some sun.
Spring also welcomes in change; we want new clothes, new skin, a new life.
Here are 5 things you can do to get Spring clean – from clothes to your house to your appearance, we want a fresh start after an icy winter!
1. Clean out that closet – I literally did that on Sunday. I have four bags of stuff for Buffalo Exchange and one bag for Goodwill. The best thing about going through your closet? You find pieces you once loved and you can’t remember why you stopped wearing it. Plus, when you resell your gently loved clothes, you can put that money towards some Spring newness.
2. Change your bedding – I recently made a simple change by switching out my old quilt for a new one last week (similar here). I added some different pillows, and ta-da, a space to rest your head that feels like new! Should I do a new bedding reveal?
3. Tap into some new skincare – Let’s face it, winter does a number to our skin. We’re paler than ever, our skin is dry, our lips chapped. Incorporate some goodness into your skincare routine.
4. Deep clean your place – Household cleaning items are essential this time of year. Although it’s gorgeous outside, you’re also dragging in tons of allergens through your door like pollen. Dust, swiffer those floors, and wash your sheets regularly!
5. Add some fresh blooms to bring some happiness indoors – whether fake or real, add some color to your breakfast table with some flowers. For me, this always puts a smile on my face.
Scroll down a Spring look!
Keep on shining’ y’all!