Well, y’all, the day has arrived. V day is here.
Now, some people think it’s an overrated holiday forced upon us by big corporations.
However, I think it’s just an extra day out of the year to shower ourselves and the people we care about with some extra love! I am currently single, but that doesn’t stop me from buying into the hype of Valentine’s Day. I sent out my snail mail with vintage-inspired Valentine’s to my nearest and dearest, treated these fingers and toes to a mani/pedi, and bought myself flowers (because according to Henri Matisse, there are always flowers for those who want to see them). Whether you’re celebrating with your SO, getting a group together for a GALentine’s dinner, or hanging by yourself with some Hershey kisses, be good to you and give yourself an extra pat on the back with love today.
Here are 5 things you can do to treat yo’self TODAY:
- Take a hot bath – unwind, pour yourself a glass of wine, and take a soak. For some extra relaxation: throw in a floral bath bomb (like the one here).
- Take a walk – teach your body that behavior matters: get your blood circulating, put on your headphones, quiet your mind, and jam. Need some new tennies? Check out my new gym shoes here!
- Bake your favorite treat – Brownies, cookies, gluten free something? What’s something that you absolutely love to snack on but don’t have often enough? Here’s a recipe for one of my favorite sweet treats – Strawberry Cake!
- Send some kindness to someone else – Write 1 positive email, text, or card praising or thanking someone you care about. I love this stationary here!
- Buy yourself a happy – sometimes pulling out your wallet can put the biggest smile on your face, am I right? This pretty initial necklace has caught my eye and you can find it here! I also just treated myself to this honey lip scrub ($6) and pink clay mask ($8)!
Scroll down for a Valentine’s-inspired look!
And remember, at the end of the day, being happy never goes out of style.