Hey party people, and happy Tuesday! And Happy Birthday to Yours Truly!
I cannot believe this new decade is here and I’m so ready for all of it. Thank you for all the messages, posts, and love that has come my way already surrounding this big day. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my family and friends.
Scroll down for a bright look I am LIVING for and to read 30 things about me, some of which you may or may not know.
Shop: Dress (regular here, curvy here), Shoes (here), Pin (here), Bag (here), Jewelry (Earrings, Cuff Bracelet, Multi-Stone Bracelet, Ring)
And now… for 30 facts about moi:
- I was actually born on Father’s Day
- The first chapter book I ever read was Harry Potter
- I hate condiments (no ketchup or mustard for this girl)
- I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood)
- I filled up my passport before I went to college
- Tim Duncan (hands down, one of the best pieces of the Spurs family) knew who I was in 3rd grade
- Sloths are my favorite animal
- I was a high school English teacher before moving to Houston
- I’ve had the same two best friends since middle school
- I’ve been in 11 weddings (and there are probably several more to go)
- Large statement earrings are my favorite accessory
- My favorite movie is easily Almost Famous (also, download the soundtrack, you won’t regret it)
- I am terrified of rollercoasters
- I’m a meat-eater through and through (if it didn’t have meat on the plate, it wasn’t a meal) – I love short ribs so much
- I’m the youngest of three (they taught me how to ride a bike and how to swim, not out of wanting to, but because they needed to – I was slowing down their games lol)
- I rolled my ankle during a football weekend in Oxford and have struggled to wear skinny heels every since (block heels or wedges are about all I can do)
- My best family memory was Christmas in Michigan where Santa came on Christmas Eve while we were at church and the restaurant was closed (leaving my mom in her floor length fur jacket and the rest of us eating at a McDonald’s)
- I was born in Chicago, lived briefly in Detroit, moved to Texas for ten years, and went to school in Mississippi for six, and then back to Texas (it goes without saying that I have a weird accent)
- My favorite clothing item would be an off the shoulder top and/or dress
- I have always loved to dance, although I’m not as good as I used to be
- Having a fresh mani/pedi is quite possibly my favorite thing to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon
- Likewise, I love a nap any day, any time
- I’ve been a true-blue Grey’s fan since high school and sob almost every episode
- I rescued a dog in college and he’s the best worst dog you’ve ever met (bless my parents for always taking him and loving him while I’m living in Houston)
- One of my favorite places to visit state-side is Miami – solely for the sun, the food, and the photo ops
- I’m a total night owl
- Flowers can absolutely turn my day around
- I absolutely don’t know what life was before the internet
- I don’t drink coffee but I am addicted to ice cold coca-cola (I’m trying to introduce more water into my life)
- I started this blog as a way to show girls and women who look like me to be confident, take fashion risks, but stay true to yourself and always look for the happiness in every day
Thanks for reading through this one. Let me know in the comments if anything surprised you or if we have something in common!
(the girl, ahem, the woman, who is now 30, flirty, and living her best life one outfit at a time)
This is a different kind of post, y’all.
I absolutely love music and the power of it. I love all kinds and believe that music can absolutely impact your mood.
Shop: Sunnies (here), Earrings (here), Dress (similar here), Ring (here), Bracelets (here and here), Shoes (here), Bag (here)
Here are five songs I love to listen to
Sunshine (The Knocks Remix) by POWERS
Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit
Take a Chance on Me by ABBA
Beautiful by Carole King
Halcyon Birds by Broken Back
These are a mix of throwbacks, alternative, and just bring me a smile on way into work each day. I hope they can do the same for you!
Hi all and happy Monday!
Yesterday I shared my makeup essentials for a minimal look and had several of you ask for the links to those products. Here they are!
Micellar Water – shop it HERE
Moisturizer – shop it HERE
Primer, BB Cream, Concealer, and Translucent Powder
Primer – shop it HERE
BB Cream – shop it HERE
Concealer – shop it HERE
Translucent Powder – shop it HERE
Eyebrows, Blush, Bronser, Highlighter
Eyebrow pencil – shop it HERE
Blush – shop it HERE
Bronzer – shop it HERE
Highlighter – shop it HERE
Lip Pencil – shop it HERE
Lipgloss – shop it HERE
Setting Spray – shop it HERE
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial – for those that missed it, it is under the Beauty highlight reel on my Insta Stories!
Hi all and happy FriYAY!
I took a break from posting on the blog for the past two weeks and it felt good to not pressure myself to hammer out some content. I spent time with my family, I picked up a good book, and I attended a fabulous event hosted by RewardStyle!
I drove the two hours to Austin, met my mom at the event, and ran in to so many familiar faces! I absolutely loved meeting bloggers that I follow in real life!
It was SO DANG HOT at Mattie’s Austin, and I most certainly didn’t dress for the heat, but the event was absolutely amazing! I loved chatting with the Influencer Support gals from RewardStyle about how to continue to grow my brand.
Scroll down for some major event Inspo (photos courtesy of RewardStyle)!
Shop my fun top HERE, my sunnies HERE, and my earrings HERE!
A HUGE TEXAS thank you to the RewardStyle team for the invite!
Happy Wednesday, y’all!
My friends are I are starting to slide into our thirties and my dear friend, Judith, deserves to jump out of the gate to celebrate her big day. We threw a #derby30 party for her, with fascinators, koozies, and bright pink balloons (because could we really welcome 30 any other way?)! We had brunch at the always fabulous Bloom and Bee in the Post Oak Hotel followed by drinks at Heights Bier Garten and Wicklow Heights!
I ordered a linen off the shoulder number for the day! Keep scrolling for my look and some of our fun photos of the day!
Shop: Dress (here), Shoes (here), Bag (here), Earrings (here), Fascinator (found on Etsy)
Happy birthday, Judes! You’re one of a kind!
Thanks for stopping by, y’all!
Happy Thursday, y’all!
If you stopped by the blog on Tuesday, you know I am back today with another look from my shoot at FlowerVault, a walkable, instragrammable floral haven. The following is my favorite look and I love how complimentary my jacket is to the backdrop! Scroll down to see what I’m talking about!
Shop: Jacket (here), Top (similar here), Jeans (here), Shoes (here), Bag (here), Earrings (here)
And remember, “flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul.” // Luther Burbank
Cheers, my dears!
Hey and Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Last month, I ventured back to San Antonio and got to check out FlowerVault, the walkable floral rooms of one’s dreams. Here are a few photos from our time spent there!
For anyone interested in going, a few tips: Buy your tickets in advance, don’t go super early on a Saturday (it was PACKED!), and go with the flow. There’s a lot of people in there at once and everyone wants a good, Insta-worthy shot so be flexible, be kind, and smile at others who are out there flexin’ their photo skills.
Shop: Dress (regular here, curvy here), Earrings (here), Shoes (here)
Be sure to stop back on Thursday, where I’m sharing my favorite look from our time spent at FlowerVault and here’s a hint, this look is straight up BLOOMing 😉